What makes courier industry a key enabler for global delivery businesses? The industry today captures multi-billion pound market shares and has become a global necessity. Not only it contributes significantly to the global economy, but also fulfils responsibilities by providing timely logistics services. You can imagine a network of manufacturers, retailers, whole sellers, logistics, banking, transportation and customers. But the key challenge lies in operating and exchanging torrential amount of data among these players.
With billions of dollars at stake, there shouldn’t be room for mistakes. And to undertake such a massive challenge, courier management software comes into play.
Transportation is the heart of businesses that ensures packages reach the end consumers timely and in a cost effective manner. During this course, the software performs tasks right from the point of receiving order to the point of delivery. All the details of employees, warehouses, vehicles are recorded along with real-time information of customers and orders. Referring to the metadata, it collects order details which is then redirected to the multiple branch offices and makes sure that the delivery is done on a particular day at the customer’s nearest location.
Courier management software eliminates the pain of maintaining the record manually and saves time. The application features user-interactive tools and CRMs that are as easy as booking your online tickets. The centralized database helps to collect heaps of information and lets you filter across any historical data.
A standard courier management software features following modules capable of delivering hassle-free service:
- Employee data and branches
- Goods booking, loading and delivering
- Receiver and reporting
- Information of routes
Employee Information and branches
This module maintains the details of all employees, from managers to warehouse staff. Additionally, it holds the data of all the delivery branches.
Goods booking, loading and delivery
For booking: Every ordered product has Customer name, LR No, Delivery address of customer, Booking date and time and Branch location.
For loading: Name of product, LR No, No of products, Material code, Vehicle no, Destination details and Receiver’s name.
For delivery: Material particulars, LR No, No of products, Date of loading and delivery, Booking branch and Destination branch.
Receivers and reporting module
This module handles the receiver end operations: Receiver’s name, LR No, Booking branch, No of items, Demurrages fees and Material particulars.
For management reporting: Booking branch, loading, route, order status, demurrages, delivery reports.
The module manages the details of routes: Route ID, Route No and Address
Technologies required to develop an efficient courier management software:
- Security encryption
- Web Developer for Creating Online Portals
Benefits of courier management software:
- Easier to manage the daily workflow from warehouse to end consumer
- The centralized database minimizes the conflicts among different branches
- Centralized database helps in avoiding conflicts between different braches
- Provides better means to interact with customers and handle their complaints
- Real time tracking of parcels became much easier with the help of advanced GPS features
- Reduces human errors
- The billing process is fast and helps in smooth transition of complex workloads
- More punctuality with the packaging, dispatching and delivery processes
- A reliable software for B2C needs helps in customer acquisition
- Can easily generate reports
- Hassle-free management of historical data
- Better security features along with improved UI